We’re looking for a Planner/Buyer
Planner/Buyer – Full Time, Galway
We’re current seeking a Planner/Buyer to join our purchasing department at Lisk Ireland Ltd. in Galway. The person will be responsible for procuring raw materials, components, equipment, tooling, supplies and services, to ensure a 100% customer service level, while achieving the targeted Quality & Cost objectives. Assist in the implementation of sourcing & commodity strategies for all goods and/or services to achieve improvements in all areas of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Job Title: Planner/Buyer
- Department: Purchasing
- Position Reports To: Purchasing Manager
Role & Responsibilities of the Planner/Buyer
- In conjunction with the Planning Department, schedule and maintain daily/weekly/monthly production planning activities in the execution of the Master Production Schedule to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Monitoring daily production output and coordinating any schedule variances.
- Participates in Morning Markets and Production meetings.
- Lead the planning function in the Operations Planning process of the S&OP.Develop, maintain, analyse and publish KPI’s relevant to business unit & department as appropriate.
- Complete quarterly EE&O (Excess, Expired & Obsolescence) analysis for defined set of product ownership.
- Maintain accurate Syteline master data to ensure 100% system data accuracy.
- Implement improvement opportunities within the Materials Management Group & participate in continuous improvement activities across all other internal departments.
- Requirement & Order Administration: Establishes and/or reviews requirements, generates, adjusts and expedites purchase orders based on MRP results (or results based on other planning systems). Coordinates with the Planners, Budget Owners & Suppliers to maintain optimal service levels. Interfaces with core functions such as quality, engineering, planning and product development Identify areas of risk and implement mitigating action.
- Supplier Management: Responsible for managing the day-to-day supplier relationship.
- Quality: Adheres to all applicable (Site, Corporate or Regulatory) requirements; Reviews and approves all change requests; Maintains accurate Master Data, AVL, Info record, Source List, etc.
- Lean, Cost & Other: Perform other tasks as needed in support of achieving the highest level of quality, customer satisfaction and TCO (Total Cost of Ownership). Assist in the in the preparation and execution of the annual materials budget.
- Good communicator
- Coach/ mentor
- Team player
- Dedicated worker
- Actively complies with all rules and regulations set down by Lisk Ireland Limited
Drive and Support a Culture of Continuous Improvement
- Maintain and improve 5S standards within Lisk Ireland
- Maintain production consumable stock levels and source suppliers, including adequate stocking and use of manufacturing tools and supplies
- Champion Lisk Ireland’s Quality policy and assist in developing a customer responsive approach to meeting deadlines
- Apply knowledge and skills of processes to facilitate learning and growth among fellow Operator/Associates.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Level 8 degree in a relevant discipline / APICS CPIM certification is a plus
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a relevant role.
- Superuser in within ERP with timely resolution of exception messages on purchasing and Production controls a major Plus
- Influential team & fully motivated to achieve & demonstrate best practices in line with the department objectives.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Capable of independent thinking and problem solving
- Capable of taking initiative in recognizing corrective actions
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational & time management skills
If you wish to apply for this position, please contact us directly or post your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org