We’re Hiring – Full Time Manufacturing Engineer
Full Time Manufacturing Engineer, Galway.
- Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
- Department: Manufacturing Engineering
- Position Reports To: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
The Manufacturing Engineer will be expected to provide hands on Engineering support for production activities to our Galway facility. The Manufacturing Engineer will interact with the Operations, Quality, and Product Engineering, and provides support for Engineering and Quality Systems.
- Develops innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems through identification and implementation of manufacturing process including conducting process analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials, and soliciting observations from the operators/production technicians.
- Plans, leads, and manages execution of project activities within a cross functional team.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Prepares documentation for new and existing processes and engineering procedures. Develops manufacturing work instructions, process flow diagrams, procedures, and standard work using the engineering methods.
- Applies Lean manufacturing techniques to continuously improve cycle times and process flows. Identifies, and supports the execution of improvement efforts or reduce waste in all manufacturing and business process
- Act as the point of escalation for all production support related issues
- Uses structured problem solving techniques and statistical methods for data driven analysis and decisions
- Demonstrates technical ability through the application of engineering skills, approaches and knowledge
- Follows Quality requirements policies, procedures, and appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Communicates ideas, information, and recommendations clearly, effectively and frequently (oral and written) within Lisk Ireland, with outside suppliers or partners
- Performs all duties and directs others creating a safe working environment for our employees and our communities
- Ability to develop strong relationships
- Performs other duties as necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field of engineering.
- Experience in analyzing process capabilities and developing and implementing product development plans and process improvement plans
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- 3+ years related experience in an engineering role
- Machining, Welding, and Automation experience in a high volume assembly background is an advantage.
In addition, the individual must also have
- Good project management skills in successfully executing engineering objectives and projects, ability to lead in a matrix work environment.
- Proven experience building relationships across diverse engineering/manufacturing groups, site management and senior leadership team.
- Excellent communicator: verbal, written and presentation skills.
- A good working knowledge of ISO and applicable customer and regulatory standards.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint)
- Pro E / AutoCAD also desirable
- Must be self-driven / Motivated
If you are interested in this position, please contact us directly or post your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org