Pinch Valves Proving Their Worth in Medical Devices
LISK pinch valves provide liquid flow control and management for medical devices, and with over 50 years’ experience as a global provider of customised solenoids, solenoid valves and LVDT sensors for medical applications, our experience is second to none. There has been a significant evolution in the materials used and the methods in which solenoids and solenoid valves are manufactured. This evolution is partly in response to the ever-evolving regulatory requirements and specifically in relation for use in medical applications.
Recent developments in pinch valves are helping medical device manufacturers use energy more efficiently and build more compact and portable equipment. Our expert solutions are used in dialysis equipment and for applications for the critical control of body fluid.
The features of our medical pinch valves include:
- Long life cycle tested product
- Custom pre-set spring adjustment
- Normally closed silent operation
- Interface can be varied to customer application
- Media separated flow control
The use of these valves in the medical devices have increased due to a number of reasons:
- Increase in demand for portable medical devices
- Increase in demand for smaller and lightweight components
- High power density
- Reliable and repeatable technology
- Compact design possibilities
- Flexible fluid control
- Low noise operation
- Low energy consumption
Using signal conditioning and Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) control a wide variety of optimized flow conditions can be simulated. LISK highly skilled engineers can provide engineered solutions to adapt to our clients unique medical device requirements.
Contact LISK today to discuss your medical device project.